

I'm finally an empty nester. I better be more specific. The kids are still here but our baby robins are gone. I went into work for 4 hours today to cover so one of the girls could go to an award ceremony for her daughter. When I got home I noticed one of the robins was perched on the outside of the tree. He let me get pretty close. I peaked in the nest and it was empty. He sat there probably for at least a half hour. When I checked again he was gone and that was it. Total care and investment on the part of the parents about one month. The observations that I made are to build your next small and when they're big enough stop bringing the food and surprisingly they move out. A lot to be learned from Mother Nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment