Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dot Is Happy In Heaven

IMG_3220 IMG_3221

Copy of IMG_3223

Every Sunday for the last few weeks there have been free concerts on the Common in Topsfield. A local band sets up in the gazebo and it’s free to the public. I know Dot (the woman who made the gazebo possible) would be smiling up in heaven. It was her dream that it would bring people together.

Greg has faithfully gone each Sunday. Today is the first one I’ve made. Actually I’m sitting on the Common with my net book listening to a 60’s band while I’m typing. Derek will be playing in a few weeks with the Goodhue Band. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get caught up without the usual distractions when I’m home.

It seems the summer has been filled with plenty of rain and lots of work. Staffing in my unit is very short due to vacations, people quitting, etc., the usual things. I’ve taken advantage of this to increase my time to 24 hours per week. I’ll probably continue until doing this until October when staffing issues should be resolved. Extra money is always welcome with one in college and another one only a year away.

Greg is set to go to Ohio tomorrow and won’t be back until Friday. It always means at least one quiche will be made. I tend to make things that he typically won’t eat.

Mark got back today from a fun weekend in Maine. He christened his ATV on the trails and put about 70 miles on it and had a good time.

Derek has been home the last few days trying to get some work in at the homes of the two families he’s doing odds and ends for. He will be getting his wisdom teeth out on Tuesday and I doubt will feel like doing anything at least for a day. Em continues to get practice driving with the driving school. She has to have 6 hours observation and 12 hours behind the wheel. She also does occasional babysitting. That’s all the summer excitement for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment