Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

002Greg has been with GE for almost 30 years (this summer to be exact). One of the many perks is he has a lot of vacation time. Typically he takes the last 2 weeks of the year off. It gives us time to prepare for the holidays, enjoy some time while the kids are still in school and enjoy time with them while they’re home.

This week we went out to breakfast, just the two of us, on 008Monday and Tuesday. Monday we went to the Agawam Diner . They have been in business for many years. Here is a link if you’d like to know a little more about it. Agawam Diner  Tuesday we went to Kathy’s Country Kitchen. Their food is homemade and wonderful.

Getting back to Monday, after breakfast we decided to take a scenic route home and headed to Newburyport. Visible from our route was this wind turbine. We drove to it’s location. It was the first time I’d seen one up close. It was huge, looked very futuristic and didn’t make a sound.

As we 013headed home I snapped a photo of this rainbow. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky. I’m taking it as a sign of good things to come in 2010.

 001

 

 

 

 

 

 

There has been a full moon this week. I find I’m superstitious about these. Being a nurse it has been my experience that people get a little crazy when there is a full moon. They are beautiful and it always amazes me how they illuminate the night sky. I took this photo yesterday morning from the bathroom window.

003 006

In the afternoon we picked up about 3 inches of snow. Enough to shovel easily and enough to make everything look magical. This woodpecker was kind enough to pose for me.

I wish for everyone a calm and peaceful New Year filled with only the best of things.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! We just got home from snowmobiling through the windmills. Aren't they huge when you are at the bottom staring up?

    ReplyDelete