Last Saturday, June 12th was the annual Strawberry Festival in Topsfield. This was the first time in I can’t remember how long that I have been able to attend. I used to work that weekend but I’m working the other weekend now so this falls on my Saturday off. Basically it’s a craft fair set up on the common in the center of town. I went with Emily because Greg and Mark went to Maine Friday night so they could 4-wheel on Saturday (more on that later).
The Parson Capen House is a historical house that the town has maintained. It’s in the background in the photo on the right. The house was built in the 1600’s. For info about it please click on this: Parson Capen
The above tractors were on display on the front lawn. Guess who they made us think of?
There was a small petting zoo with some chickens, baby goats and lambs along with these alpacas. Emily wanted to bring them home but she decided the necklace I bought here would be better in the long run.
The above barn is also historical and was lovingly restored by the town awhile back.
There were a few small displays inside with tools etc. I think the barn can be rented out for functions.
Unfortunately we were not allowed to take photos inside the house but I did take pictures of the herb garden outside.
Unfortunately Mark and Greg’s weekend adventure was short lived. On Saturday they picked out a trail and were about .5 miles into it when Greg’s ATV started making strange sounds. Long story short they scrubbed their fun and took it to a repair shop in NH and came home early Saturday afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment