Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Backyard Wild Life

002

 

Last week seemed to be a banner wildlife week at our house. There’s always evidence of deer activity usually in the form of droppings or plants that have been eaten. We live near a major highway and I’ve noticed an increase in the  hawk population as I’m driving. This guy happen to land nearby and I was lucky enough to get a photo. We have tons of chipmunks in the yard so there was plenty for him to eat.

 

 

 

A few days later I glanced out the window and snapped some photos of this visitor. I think it’s a woodchuck but let me know if you think it’s something else. We’ve also had coyotes, foxes, and fishers but I’ve never been quick enough to get them.

014

 015 016 011

Fall is starting to get into swing. My mums come back every year and they’re starting to bloom. Hopefully I’ll get some time to enjoy them before the frost does them in.

In case  you haven’t figured it out I don’t have a lot to blog about these days. Our lives consist of working and being home so it isn’t very interesting. This weekend starts the Topsfield Fair. We’re planning on going to the parade Saturday. I’m thrilled that it falls on my Saturday off. We will attend probably next week. It runs for 10 days so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment