Derek’s stick bag arrived yesterday. The exterior was pretty beat, dirty and looking like it had been run over. Some of the sticks were broken but many were intact. The practice pad was broken around the edges and the metronome is beyond use. Included in the box was a check for $40 and this note:
Hi Diane,
I am sorry I could not get this to you sooner. Thank you for your generous gift, (I had included a check for $50 for his efforts), but I cannot accept it. I used a portion for the purchase of a box and shipping tape, the remaining amount is in this check. I hope your son has a great future in music!
Thanks, Chris
I am so blown away by the actions of this young man. We hear so many horrible things on the news everyday. It’s easy to feel that the world is falling apart. But every once in awhile something comes along to remind us that there is still good in this world. Chris did much more then return a stick bag to a young musician.
Such a heart warming story. You must be relieved to have the bag back.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful story!! So glad there are still such good people in the world!
ReplyDelete