I always have good intentions to blog but every day life keeps getting in the way. Very inconvenient Anyway, Greg took some vacation time off around Columbus Day. We went to the Topsfield Fair on the 10th. I’ll blog about that hopefully sooner rather than later. He also took off the 11th. It was a beautiful fall day so we decided to take a pilgrimage to Meredith, NH, home of my most favorite quilt shop, Keepsake Quilting. I can’t believe its been 10 years since we were there last. The fall colors have been slow to come out this year but we did see some along the way. Logging is huge up north. Anybody watch, American Logger on the History Channel, it takes place in Maine.
Meredith is slightly under 2 hours from us. It sits nestled on Lake Winnipesauke. I’m sure the lake is bustling during the summer but for us it was very peaceful with the summer folks long gone.
There was a wonderful view of the mountains off in the distance. Both Greg and I took notice of how fresh the air was there. No city smells in this part of the country.
We parked in the municipal lot right by the lake and took in the beautiful scenery.
This is a local hotel. The flowers decorating it were so beautiful especially against the bright blue sky.
Finally we made it to our destination. Keepsake Quilting has expanded since we were there last. I was so sensory overloaded it didn’t even occur to me to take pictures. I bought lots of material for projects that will probably take me forever but both Greg and I had a good time. He picked out some nice material for his own quilt. Maybe someday I’ll be able to post completed photos.
On the way home we stopped at one of our favorite restaurants and had a great turkey dinner. This day felt a little bit like what retirement might feel like. I think I could get used to that.
Love Keepsake Quilting. Haven't been there in years. The last time I was there it was in sort of a mall type setting. This looks much better! The pictures you took are beautiful..
ReplyDeleteIt is in the same little mall but on the other end. They have expanded quite a bit. Looking at all the beautiful fabric was such eye candy. Definitely worth a visit.
ReplyDelete