Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Who Would Have Guessed?

001

Who would have guessed that the northeast would be hit with a freak snowstorm just before Halloween. I sure wouldn’t have. Our town picked up about 3 inches of very heavy wet snow that put the lights out in pretty much the whole town.

The town and state scrambled to get their plows on and the stores were hit with a rush equal to the day before Thanksgiving.

003

Most of the leaves were still on the trees and the wet snow brought down trees and branches all over town. We were very fortunate at our house because we only lost power for 6 hours. The vast majority of town was out for many days, some almost a whole week. Because we are all well and septic that meant no heat, water or flushes. Halloween was cancelled on Monday and rescheduled for Friday.

004010

Emily is attending school in North Adams in the far western part of the state. She had two feet of snow. Who gets two feet of snow in October? I can say I don’t ever remember this happening.

009

I sure hope this doesn’t foreshadow our winter to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment