Sunday, June 10, 2012

Strawberry Festival 2012

Strawberry Festival 2012 001

Yesterday was the annual Strawberry Festival in Topsfield. The weather couldn’t be more perfect especially after the cold, rainy week we had. Greg, Emily and I went.

Strawberry Festival 2012 002

It’s always held on the common and consists of craft booths, local town happenings, demonstrations etc..

Strawberry Festival 2012 003Strawberry Festival 2012 005

This year a Civil War reenactment camp was set up at the historical Parson Capon’s house behind the commons.

Strawberry Festival 2012 011Strawberry Festival 2012 013Strawberry Festival 2012 014

It seems that everywhere I went there were reminders of my wonderful sister-in-laws, it felt like a touch of home.

Strawberry Festival 2012 017Strawberry Festival 2012 018Strawberry Festival 2012 020

We enjoyed walking around the encampment thinking of how life might have been so many years ago.

Strawberry Festival 2012 022Strawberry Festival 2012 024Strawberry Festival 2012 027Strawberry Festival 2012 028Strawberry Festival 2012 029

Greg posed in front of his fantasy barn, maybe in his next life…

Strawberry Festival 2012 037

The hit of the festival was Jasper, a three year old Irish Wolf Hound. Clearly the largest dog we have ever seen. Emily wanted one. NOT

002006

Last weekend Mark purchased a used commercial mower. Hayden Landscape Services has launched.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I think Paula and I need to go to this with you next year! Love the signs and the glasses!!

    ReplyDelete