The preparations are underway, above left is the turkey. This year we decided to go a little smaller than we have in the past. It’s slightly over 14lbs. There are the five of us plus Sheila and Rich. Emily is a vegetarian and Derek… well those of you who know him, need I say more, he’s not an eater, so a smaller bird made sense. Sheila made a pumpkin pie yesterday.
We traditionally start our morning with Sheila’s coffee cake recipe that we have been making for years. The turkey is now stuffed and ready to go into the oven.
Once a year the dining room table is used for its true function instead of a catchall for books, projects etc. I didn’t break out the good china but there our a few pieces here and there.
Greg and Rich went to the local high school football game that started at 10. Dinner is planned for around 2 pm. More to follow later.
I wish everyone a very special day, a time to enjoy friends and family and be thankful for all the good in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment