Sunday, April 25, 2010

Accepted Student Day

MCLA 4-23-10 119 MCLA 4-23-10 111

Friday was accepted student day at Em’s college, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) in North Adams, MA. It took a little under 3 hours to get there. The day was very pleasant with bright, blue skies. I took a lot of pictures on the way out because we were traveling through the Berkshire Mountains, you can see them in the background in the photo of Emily. We look forward to seeing them in the fall.

MCLA 4-23-10 118

MCLA is pretty small college with under 2000 students. This was our second visit.

Below is the ceremonial gate. I think I mentioned this when I posted about our visit in the fall. The students walk through the gate on their first day as freshmen and at graduation. There is a superstition that if you walk through it at any other time you won’t graduate. Our guide told us that you will see everyone walking around it.

MCLA 4-23-10 117

Below is one of the dorms that houses freshmen. There are 3 dorms, two are for freshmen and upper classmen. There is an apartment housing that is for upper classmen only.

MCLA 4-23-10 110

Below is one of the main buildings. I didn’t take a lot of photos of buildings because they kept us on the move. We enjoyed our time there and it reinforced to Emily that this was the place for her. The college president is a very dynamic woman who is also an alumni. She made it a point to circulate and came over and introduced herself to us. Our student guide told us she will know everyone’s name in no time.

MCLA 4-23-10 109

The route we traveled followed the Mohawk Trail and is really beautiful. The roads can be very twisty as you make your way through the mountains. One of the professors we met at the school recommended taking the turnpike in the winter, probably a good idea.

MCLA 4-23-10 050

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful campus! I can see how Emily liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I can't wait to see the fall pics. I bet it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete