Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother’s Day 2010

Mother's Day 2010 002

Things change as kids get older on Mother’s Day. Derek stayed at school this weekend because he’s in the pit band for the play Footloose. Mark helped a friend do some tree work for extra money and just Em was home. Greg really has been the one to always make the day special for me. He gave my ole Caravan a wash and wax today. She’s 13 years old with over 111,000 miles. She got some new front brakes last week. We started looking at new cars thinking maybe it’s time but after looking and test driving I decided I like what I have versus any of the newer, more plasticy, expensive things on the market sooo, we’ll keep on chugging along for as long as we can. 

Mother's Day 2010 006

Greg stood back and admired his work. The Caravan didn’t look half bad.

Mother's Day 2010 007

Above is a memory of a long ago Mother’s Day. I don’t remember how old Mark was but he was the only child at the time when Greg took him to buy this Azalea bush. He was very excited when they brought it home. Both he and the bush were much smaller. It looked beautiful today. I couldn’t help but think back to a simpler time…

2 comments: