We’ve been talking about having a yard sale for a long time and finally did it. I am a fan of the TV show Hoarders and the new season has really motivated me. These photos are a sampling of what we started with. Greg placed an ad on Craig’s list for the big ticket items and we opened the garage at 8 a.m. We had 2 old desktops, 3 monitors, an Acer net book and my old Dell Inspiron. Anything laptop goes fast. The Acer was first out the door followed by the Inspiron laptop. One of the desktops went and Em’s bike (which was almost brand new). At the end of the day we were over $400 richer and a lot of stuff lighter.
I was watching the Nate Berkus show last week and he talked about www.gazelle.com which will buy or recycle old electronics. I have packed and ready to go a monitor, an old pda and the remaining desktop. Granted I’ll only make $29 but they will be gone and I won’t have to pay anything to make that happen. On Sunday we put a box by the end of the driveway labeled free with other things from the yard sale including a barely working old dehumidifier and most of them got scooped up including the dehumidifier. I’m a happy camper.
One of our motivators for choosing yesterday was it was the day of the annual Apple Festival in the center of town so we were able to capitalize on the traffic. The main drag is closed and there is a craft fair, food,entertainment for the kids and bands perform throughout the day. The yellow house is the Holyoke-French house on the corner. It’s a historical house. The first band was the Goodhue’s Band. Its one Derek plays in. I videoed one of their tunes and will post a link to it later.
All-in-all it was a fun and productive day.
Doesn't it feel good to be free of clutter. What's Emily going to use for transportation if you got rid of her bike?
ReplyDelete