I never thought it would happen but the snow did melt and everything survived. The yellow flowering broom is one of my favorites. It was totally buried for months. I can’t believe it’s doing as well as it is.
I just love it when everything is in bloom, before the annoying bugs and humidity are in full swing.
I had a small garden last year, just zucchini and tomatoes. It did very well so Greg and Mark made it bigger and put in the edging for me. I have my usual tomatoes and zucchini and added corn. We did grow corn once years ago which was enjoyed by the raccoons. We woke up one morning to see it all over the back yard. If you look closely under the deck you’ll see the old toilet, remember that bathroom remodel we did in the winter? Let me just say it wasn’t my choice to have it end up under the deck. Oh well, one project at a time…
We’ve had a few hot days as evidenced by Joseph sprawling out. Emily got a gold fish while at school. Since she’s been home she’s gotten a new tank and added two new goldfish. As a side note, as of today only the original goldfish has survived.
I love your garden space. Someday I will aspire to that! Glad everything survived the winter. Looks very nice!
ReplyDelete