Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Slow Growing

003001

The picture on the left is my garden taken June 5th. The one on the right is a week later taken on the 13th. We had a few days of summer-like weather but of late it’s been very cool.

014003

I have green and yellow beans planted on the deck. The top photo is from the 5th, the bottom a week later.

002012

The rhododendron near the deck has a funny shape. It’s been trimmed over the years by the deer. Speaking of deer, they are a frequent visitor. The photo on the right was from June 9th and the left from the day before. I don’t think they’re the same deer.

002001

003

My boss surprised me at work last week with a 30 year pin. The triangle is the company logo and there appears to be a diamond in the center. When I started back in 1981 I was full time. As I started having kids I cut down to 20 hours and eventually went per diem as I had more kids. July of last year I started back at 16 hours per week. It amazes me how fast the time has gone by. I’ve been doing dialysis and have seen a lot of changes over these 30 years.

2 comments:

  1. Slow but sure is the way to go when you live and garden in New England. Congrats on the 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations on 30 years!! What a wonderful milestone. Very nice gardening too... I can't wait to see all the fresh veggies you'll be getting.

    ReplyDelete