Thursday, March 8, 2012

In Like a Lion

003

This is where we were a week ago. It was my birthday and March blasted in with our only snow storm except for Halloween. I prefer at this point in my life to count backwards for my birthdays. I just wanted to share with you the beautiful cake that Greg got for me.

004

All said and done we got around 4-6 inches of heavy, wet snow. It was a two day event and made the weather announcers go spastic, it has been a slow season for them. I had to work that day so it took a little longer to get in.

006009

The picture above was from this storm and the one below was from last winter. What a difference a year makes. It’s like we didn’t even have winter this year. I think we had less than 10 inches for the whole season. I keep wanting to put away the shovels but am afraid to jinx everything.

008012013

One of the interesting things after a fresh snow are all the animal tracks in the yard. The above photo looks as if an entire herd came through.

016

I always enjoy watching the birds. This was from last week. Last evening while we were watching TV we heard a crash, there was a big raccoon on the deck. He had knocked the feeder down. I can’t ever remember them coming out of hibernation this early. Today we got into the high 60’s. I was able to open the windows and enjoy an outdoor bike ride.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I feel terrible, I completely missed your birthday!!! I'm so sorry. :( I hope it was wonderful. At least you didn't have all that snow to deal with like last year though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda,
    No problem, at this point I'd like to miss them too.

    ReplyDelete