Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kids and Lost Weekends

Another weekend gone and I'm sitting here wondering where it went. Let me recap. Friday I worked, came home for a few hours and then it was time to pickup Derek. Greg came home a little early so he could come with me. When we pick up Derek on Friday's, unfortunately it's at the worst possible time, 5 pm. He has ensemble practice until 4:20. He has to move his drums back to his practice room and usually has to make it a mile back to the dorms on the east campus. The traffic is horrible at that time but it is what it is. This past Friday was a horrendous rain storm with some thunder and lighting thrown in just for added fun. The main thing is we made it back uneventfully be it ever so slowly.

Saturday was a full work day for me. Hopefully Greg got some relax time. He attended a juggling show at a nearby college in the afternoon. He seemed to enjoy it. Our typical Sunday routine starts at 7 am at the grocery store. It was a little different today because they are starting a new program. If you want to you can grab a computerized scanning gun at the start, scan and bag your items as you go and turn the gun in at the end to pay. It was interesting and we'll probably try it again. Next on the agenda was taking Emily for a driving session. I have to say it's one of my least favorite things. I find it absolutely unnerving to hand the keys over to someone with no experience. Emily has been a very hesitant driver needing to be pushed to go out. Today was the first day we ventured out onto the road. We had been doing parking lots prior. She did okay. No speeding tickets there as she barely made it past 20 mph. We need to get more practice in before she can go with the driver's ed portion. They want the kids to have at least some experience. So think of us every Sunday morning.

This afternoon was time to take Derek back. I told Greg I would go so he could relax. At least the traffic is better at 2 pm on a Sunday. So off we went. We got to his dorm without any trouble. Derek headed in with his clean laundry and other belongings. The plan was to go to south campus so he could practice his drums. A few minutes after he went in he came out carrying his stuff. When I saw his laundry bag I knew that wasn't a good thing. He had forgotten his dorm key. So I called Greg and we met half way to give us the key. He went back home to recapture his peaceful Sunday afternoon and I tallied on with my mission which remained uneventful.

And there you have it a weekend at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment