Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day at Last

Opening Day took place this afternoon. This time the weather cooperated. I didn't watch the whole game but I did watch the opening festivities. For me the high part was watching Ted Kennedy throw out the first pitch. He rode out in a cart with another person. He walks slightly stooped now and with a cane. He seemed frail but very happy to be at his beloved Fenway Park. The gleaming Kennedy teeth shown proudly as he smiled ear to ear. They drove him close to the mound and he handed his cane over to someone because he wanted to walk on his own. His throw was weak and not very far but it managed to make me tear up a bit. The Kennedy family is royalty especially in Massachusetts and Ted has faced a lot this past year. I admire his courage and tenacity. In the end the Red Sox won 5 to 3. We're on our way to the pennant.

No comments:

Post a Comment