Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another Fulton Trip

Some of you know that I was in Fulton for a week helping my parents while dad was recovering from some surgery. During the week Emily was scheduled for her college orientation. I drove to North Adams and met her and Greg. I was thankful MCLA orientation 008MCLA orientation 007

that I was able to join them. Above left is a view of the Berkshire Mountains that will greet Emily every day. The building to the right will be her dorm. On Thursday Greg and I headed back to Fulton in separate cars.

Fulton 001

While I was in Fulton on my own I did some bike riding. I’ve become an avid rider so my bike made the trip with me. I did some riding around memory lane. To the left is where we went to high school. It’s gotten bigger then when we were there.

 

 

Fulton 010

This used to be a sandy beach where my mother took us every summer. I took my first swimming lessons here. Below is a skating rink where Greg and I used to go.

Fulton 022

Greg and I decided to go to Oswego on Friday. The weather was beautiful. Our kids were driving in later in the day so we could all spend the 4th together.001 005

The photos above are from The Loop. We couldn’t resist taking a rock or two. They are very unique to the area. After the Loop we decided to go to Fort Ontario. The photos below are of the fort and the view around. We couldn’t ask for a better weather day.

020 022

023 028038 042

047 050034

At first I thought this fireplace may have been from an old house but it is a monument to America. The granite above the opening says: “From The Hearth of America Comes the Heart of America.”

Hopefully over the weekend I can share some more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment