Monday, July 19, 2010

Those Crazy Kids

No, I’m not referring to my kids. I’m talking about my parents. Saturday Dad called and said they went blueberry picking in the morning and had so many that they’d like to bring me some. I thought he was joking but he said he meant it. They arrived around 7:30 p.m. It had been awhile since they made the trip and he forget the exit to get off and ended up taking the Pike to the end, right in to Boston. They stopped for directions and Greg guided them on the phone and they made it without any major issues. They did however take a tour of the Big Dig tunnel on their way up.

002 003

Above are some of the most well-traveled and expensive blueberries straight from NY. The bucket on the left is how they arrived and the photo on the right demonstrates how many there are after cleaning them up.

005

Yesterday we all went to the Topsfield common to enjoy a concert. A different group performs each Sunday.

009

 

 

 

There was a wedding going on at the same time. I couldn’t resist taking a picture.

014  011

Mark even got Grama and Grandpa to take a spin on his ATV. Like I said, these kids today…

Not too bad considering all the things dad has been through since March. They went back home today. I guess when you get into your 80’s spontaneity comes back.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! Live each moment to its fullest.

    ReplyDelete