Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 4th weekend

I know I’m a little behind with this post, but better late than never. Last week we were able to spend the holiday weekend in Fulton with family. On Saturday, Sheila had a great cookout and we also celebrated Kelly’s soon-to-be 5th birthday.

garden 2010 019 garden 2010 024 garden 2010 026 garden 2010 027

 garden 2010 010 garden 2010 016

garden 2010 018

Sheila’s house has a great view of the river. It’s very relaxing to watch the ducks and boats as they travel up and down it.

Our boys especially enjoyed the time they got to spend on the Whitaker Road. Derek even had fun playing with his nieces. It’s nice to see him slow down a little and relax.

 

garden 2010 032garden 2010 037 

garden 2010 045

I enjoyed getting to spend some chatting time with Paula, my sister-in-law.

Sunday we headed back east to MA. This Fulton time was a rare event in that all of us were together, something I will always treasure.

 

On Monday, the 5th, our town had its annual 4th of July parade. It’s a small event made up primarily of old cars, kids on decorated bikes and lots of fire engines from surrounding communities. Its very quaint and I was glad that Greg I and were able to attend it this year.

July 4th parade 005 July 4th parade 011

July 4th parade 013 July 4th parade 018

July 4th parade 036 July 4th parade 040

July 4th parade 063 July 4th parade 066

1 comment: