I tend to be an early riser as many of you know so Thanksgiving morning was no exception. Above is a before and after of our traditional coffee cake.
Many years ago my mother-in-law told me about putting the stuffing in cheese cloth before stuffing it into the turkey. It makes it so incredibly easy to remove later on.
Once the turkey was ready there was time to do whatever. Greg makes fun of me when I ride my bike now. It was only about thirty degrees out so I’m heavily layered. First there’s my heavy sweatshirt, followed by a long windbreaker coat and topped off with a down vest. I wear cotton gloves on my hands, heavy socks to keep my feet warm and keep my pants from getting caught in the spokes. On my head I always wear a helmet but at this time of year I also wear ear muffs. I may look bloated and comical but I stay warm and get to keep on enjoying the fresh air as long as possible.
Above is the finished product. We enjoyed our dinner around 1 and relaxed the rest of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment