I love the gazebo that is at the top of our blog. It's very special to me because it reminds me of a wonderful woman I was lucky enough to cross paths with for a time. I'm a nurse and have been working in the field of Dialysis for almost 30 years. I've met quite a few memorable people over the years, many wonderful people and some not so pleasant. The bottom line is they were all dealing with a life threatening illness and needed 3-4 hour treatments 3 times a week or they would die. I think that would make anybody a little cranky. I'm always amazed at the wonder of the human spirit and how we really can deal with most anything that comes our way.Getting back to the gazebo, Dot was a retired first grade teacher that lived in the town next to ours. She never had any kids of her own and always told me that her husband used to say it made her a better teacher because they were all her kids. Her town has a beautiful open area. In New England
most towns have a common area like that. She had been thinking for some time that it needed a gazebo and asked me what I thought. It was her wish for the people in town to enjoy it for concerts, weddings or whatever suited their needs. Once she made her mind up she made the proper contacts and in a very short time there it was. I go by it every time I drive to work. Her memory lives on...
The building to the far right is the town hall and one view from the gazebo. The other building is a meeting place and reception area, another view. The Common is a very typical quaint New England space.
No comments:
Post a Comment