Friday, March 20, 2009

Ohhh, My Aching Back

The weather is finally getting better so I've started walking again. Sunday was my first time out in forever. I walked 2 miles but it was not a pretty sight. Wednesday I decided to go on a trail walk and take Abbey, our almost 13 year old chocolate lab. I don't want to take her out on the road anymore because she's quite hard of hearing. She was in her usual spot, asleep on the couch so I bent over to wake her and when I stood up felt a pain in my lower back. We did go on the walk which was probably not a bright thing to do on my part because I had to keep stopping from the pain. Long story short I missed work today and will tomorrow as well. The first time I've ever called in sick except in 2001 when Mark broke his leg. The heating pad is my new best friend and I have vowed to get into shape and work those core muscles. My fingers are crossed that I'll make it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment