Sunday, April 12, 2009

Stick with the tries and true

Okay, what's wrong with this picture? I tried an experiment today seeing that we have company, a new coffee cake recipe. The picture on the left looked so good, hmmm, what happened to mine. I followed everything it said, even worried extensively that it would come out of the pan without a mishap, but it just doesn't look the same. Could it be false advertising, a touched up photo like in all the magazines with models or should I have just stuck with what works. It didn't taste too bad, a slightly nutty flavor which got mixed reviews here. It was a bit fussier than my usual recipe so my verdict is stick with what works.

1 comment:

  1. It is the thought that counts Di. I forgot about the coffee cake until I started making pancakes. Oh well - there's always Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete